The New Birth
Being born again, includes faith in Jesus Christ, which brings genuine repentance of sin, water baptism in Jesus’ Name, and the baptism of the Holy Ghost, evidenced by the speaking in other tongues as the Spirit gives the utterance.
The Oneness of God
The mystery of the Godhead, that in Him (Jesus) dwells the fullness of the Godhead bodily. We do not believe, teach, imply or suggest a trinity (triune, three in one, separate but equal, etc.,) Godhead. We further understand that He, Jesus, is the Father in creation, the Son in redemption, and the Holy Ghost in regeneration.
Is the immersion in water in the Name of Jesus and is a necessary and ordained practice of New Testament Salvation; Likewise, the baptism of the Holy Ghost as experienced on the Day of Pentecost.
A Holy, Consecrated and Sanctified Life
Unto the Lord, for the Lord called us out of the darkness of sin into the marvelous light of His salvation, therefore, we must be holy for He is holy, and walk after the spirit so not to fulfill the lust of the flesh.
We Further Believe
The Bible, the Holy Writ, the Scriptures to be the inspired Holy Word of God. It was written by godly men of old who were moved under the unction and power of the Holy Ghost. Therein it is profitable for doctrine, instruction in righteousness, faith, holy living, reproof, correction, food for the soul, salvation and the mind of God.
A Rich History
Our Pastor, Suffragan Bishop Dr. Eugene Lundy
The Church of Christ of the Apostolic Faith was formally organized as a congregation in the year 1910. The first site was in a small storeroom on West Goodale Street, and after a short period, the Church was moved to South Oakley Avenue, then to 755 East Long Street where it remained until June of 1915. In the summer of 1915, the congregation moved to a theater building at the corner of Goodale Street and Pennsylvania Avenue. In May of 1917, the Congregation acquired an old Church building at the corner of Collins and Pennsylvania Avenues. Then, in late 1923, the old structure was razed and a new building erected on the site. It was dedicated on February 15, 1925. This building served as a Congregational home until the Church was moved to 476 South Washington Avenue in December of 1951. In 1962, two tracks of land, totaling 3.9 acres were acquired on Brentnell Avenue, adjacent to the southern boundary of the Brentnell Elementary School. This is the present site of the Church.
On July 14, 1977, the Lord blessed the Congregation to break ground for the erection of an addition to the facility which was a much needed Educational Wing. This portion of the building was completed in May of 1978. The fifteen thousand square foot facility was designed to house the following functions: Nursery, Beginners, Primary through Senior High, Young Adult and Adult departments of the Sunday School, Senior Citizens’ Assembly Room, and a Library Learning Center.
In 1979, the former Aenon Bible College facility was acquired and is used to further the Christian Education. Legally, the Congregation was formed under the general corporation laws of the State of Ohio as a corporation, not for profit, on March 10, 1919, and has continued in existence until this present time. Before the law, and in accordance with its corporate charter, the Board of Trustees has full power over the Church property, to manage it, make contracts, etc., in the name of and for the benefit of the Congregation. However, under the Rules Governing the Congregation, the Pastor has complete supervision of the Church’s spiritual and internal affairs.
Elder Ernest L. Hardy was preceded by Elder Robert C. Lawson and Bishop Karl F. Smith, respectively. The fact that Elder Hardy was only the third pastor of this Congregation since its beginning exemplifies the very stable leadership which God has given this Church. Because of failing health, Elder Hardy retired from the Pastorate in 1992. After much prayer and searching, Dr. Eugene Lundy was officially installed as the fourth Pastor of the Church of Christ of the Apostolic Faith on the date of May 24, 1992, and continues to serve in this capacity.