Sunday School Lessons
Youth Sunday School | 2020
Beginner/Primary Lessons - November 2020
Sunday School Bible Lessons for November - Unit 3: Lessons from Ezra and Nehemiah
Lesson 13 - Good Is So Good | Review - November 29, 2020
Lesson 9 | Rebuilding the Temple (Ezra Chapter 1 – 3)
1. When King Cyrus became king, he was stirred in his heart by God for the people to rebuild what? The Temple.
2. What is the first thing you do when constructing a new building? Lay the foundation.
3. When the foundation was completed, what did the people do? They celebrated and praised God.
Lesson 10 | A Burden to Build (Nehemiah Chapters 1-3)
1. What was Nehemiah’s job for the King? He was the King’s Cupbearer.
2. When Nehemiah heard about the destruction in Jerusalem, what did he do? He prayed and fasted. He asked God to give him the
3. When the king heard about what was making Nehemiah sad, what did he do? He gave him permission to go to Jerusalem and help
rebuild the walls and gates.
Lesson 11 | Nehemiah’s Opposition (Nehemiah 4; 6:15-16)
1. Who were the men who made fun of Nehemiah and the Jews for rebuilding the wall? Sanballat & Tobiah.
2. What did Nehemiah do in response to their make fun of them? He asked God to make them pay for their actions.
3. What would the people do when a trumpet was blown? They would gather together to fight the enemy.
Lesson 12 | Nehemiah Defends the Poor (Nehemiah Chapter 5)
1. What were some of the terrible things that happened to the people that Nehemiah noticed when he returned to Jerusalem?
The people were poor and had little food. They had to pay a lot of taxes. They were having to sell their children into slavery to get
enough money to survive.
2. What did Nehemiah demand of those taking advantage of the people? He wanted them to reverse the slavery and lower the taxes.
He wanted the interest to be paid back.
3. When the leaders heard Nehemiah’s plea how did they respond? They said, “Amen,” and began to praise The Lord.
Lesson 12 | November 22, 2020
Nehemiah Defended the Poor
The Poor Cry Out to Nehemiah
- Bible Lesson: Nehemiah 5.
- Bible Point: God desires to free and help the oppressed.
- Experience: Have you ever volunteered to help people who are hurting or in need? What did you do?
- Study: Nehemiah 5:11
- Examine: Discuss poverty and how some families have less food and provisions than others. Read Nehemiah Chapter 5.
Discuss how Nehemiah saw the needs of the poor and decided to do something about it.
- Life Application: I Will Help Those In Need!
Lesson 11 | November 15, 2020
A Tool and a Sword
- Bible Lesson: Nehemiah 4; 6:15-16.
- Bible Point: God strengthens us when others oppose us.
- Experience: Have you ever had someone try to fight with you? What did you do?
- Study: Nehemiah 4:9
- Examine: Discuss how we face opposition every day. Read how Sanballat and Tobiah opposed Jerusalem’s rebuilding efforts in
Nehemiah 4; 6:15-16. Discuss how Nehemiah responded first with prayer and then with action, placing a tool and a weapon in each
- Life Application: I Will Do What God Asks, Even When Others Try To Stop Me!
Lesson 10 | November 8, 2020
A Burden To Build
- Bible Lesson: Nehemiah Chapters 1-3
- Bible Point: God Gives Us Burdens
- Experience: Have you ever felt compassion when you saw a person in pain or in need of help?
- Study: Nehemiah 2:18
- Examine: Define burden as when God places something on your heart. Read how God placed a burden on Nehemiah’s heart in
Nehemiah 1-3. Discuss any burdens your family member may be feeling from God.
- Life Application: I Will Respond When God Places a Burden in my heart.
Lesson 9 | November 1, 2020
Rebuilding The Temple
Cyrus Helps God’s People Rebuild
- Bible Lesson: Ezra 1-3
- Bible Point: God Inspires Us to Rebuild His Church
- Experience: Have you ever helped build something? What was it and who did you help?
- Study: Ezra 1:5
- Examine: Discuss how your Church was built. Imagine going away for a long time and then returning. What would it look like?
Read Ezra Chapters 1-3. Focus on how God inspired them to rebuild His Church.
- Life Application: I Build God’s Kingdom!
Beginner/Primary Lessons - October 2020
Sunday School Bible Lessons for October - Unit 2: Lessons from I and II Timothy
Lesson 8 | October 25, 2020
Preach The Word
Paul Preached in the Face of Danger
- Bible Lesson: Acts 19:21-20:1
- Bible Point: God Wants Us to Share His Word
- Experience: Have you ever shared very important news with a friend or family member?
- Study: II Timothy 4:2
- Examine: Read II Timothy 4:1-5. Discuss how Paul told Timothy to preach God’s Word in good times and bad times. Then read Acts
19:21-20:1 and talk about how Paul followed his own advice.
- Life Application: I Will Share God’s Word!
Lesson 7 | October 18, 2020
Let the Word Do the Work
Jesus Teaches about Jonah
- Bible Lesson: Luke 11:27-32 and II Timothy 3:16
- Bible Point: God’s Word is Good for Us
- Experience: Have you ever needed to prove your identity? What kinds of things do you need to prove your identity?
- Study: II Timothy 3:16
- Examine: Discuss the importance of God’s Word. Read Luke 11:27-32. How did Jesus use Jonah to teach His lesson? How did Jesus use the Queen of Sheba to teach His lesson? Did the people listen to and obey God’s Word, or did they just want Jesus to do miracles?
- Life Application: I Will Listen To and Honor God’s Word.
Lesson 6 | October 11, 2020
Jesus Paid the Ransom
Jesus Delivered Us from Sin
- Bible Lesson: Matthew 27:45-56 and I Timothy 2:3-6
- Bible Point: Jesus Came to Rescue Us.
- Experience: Have you ever been rescued from a scary situation?
- Study: I Timothy 2:3-6
- Examine: Discuss the meaning of rescue. Who are some people who rescue others? Read and discuss I Timothy 2:3-6. Then read Matthew 27:45-56 and discuss what Jesus endured that we might be rescued.
- Life Application: I Need Jesus to Rescue Me.
Lesson 5 | October 4, 2020
Chief of Sinners
Paul Receives Mercy
- Bible Lesson: Acts 7:54-8:3
- Bible Point: Jesus Came to Save Sinners
- Experience: Have you ever done something so bad you thought no one would forgive you?
- Study: I Timothy 1:15
- Examine: Define mercy as not receiving deserved punishment. Discuss Paul’s role in Stephen’s stoning. Then read I Timothy 1:15-16
and discuss why Paul would consider himself the chief of sinners. How did God show mercy to Paul?
- Life Application: I Need God’s Mercy.
Beginner/Primary Lessons - September 2020
Sunday School Bible Lessons for September - Unit 1: Lessons from Daniel
Lesson 1 | September 6, 2020
Daniel Refuses the King’s Meat
Daniel Chooses to Stay Holy
- Bible Lesson: Daniel 1
- Bible Point: God Wants Us to be Holy.
- Experience: Have you ever eaten something you knew was bad for you, but you ate it anyway? What happened?
- Study: Daniel 1:8
- Examine: Discuss what it would have felt like when Jerusalem was conquered by Nebuchadnezzar’s armies. How would you feel to be captured and taken to Babylon? Read the story of Daniel refusing the king’s meat.
- Life Application: I Will Separate Myself to Please God!
Lesson 2 | September 13, 2020
Daniel Interprets the King’s Dream
The Statue and the Rock
- Bible Lesson: Daniel 2
- Bible Point: God is in Control.
- Experience: Have you ever been asked to do something you knew you should not do? Did you feel nervous and intimidated?
- Study: Daniel 2:19
- Examine: Discuss prophecy (seeing the past, present, and future from God’s point of view). Discuss how Daniel was a prophet.
- Life Application: I Will Trust God to Reveal His Plan!
Lesson 3 | September 20, 2020
Nebuchadnezzar Came to God
Nebuchadnezzar Learned Humility
- Bible Lesson: Daniel 4:28-37
- Bible Point: God requires Humility.
- Experience: Have you ever eaten something that tastes like grass? What would happen to make you eat grass?
- Study: Daniel 4:37
- Examine: Discuss what pride looks like. In what areas might we be tempted to take credit for what we did, not giving God the glory? Read how King Nebuchadnezzar was taught a lesson in humility.
- Life Application: I Will Let God Control My Life!
Lesson 4 | September 27, 2020
Daniel Interprets the Writing on the Wall
Mene Mene, Tekel, Upharsin
- Bible Lesson: Daniel 5:1-6:3
- Bible Point: God is the King of kings.
- Experience: Have you ever had an arrogant and bragging attitude?
- Study: Daniel 6:3
- Examine: Discuss what you might do to impress your guests if you threw a party. Discuss how Belshazzar pulled out the goblets from God’s Temple. Read how God showed Belshazzar who was really in control.
- Life Application: I Will Respect God’s Authority.
Beginner/Primary Lessons - August 2020
Sunday School Bible Lessons for August - Unit 3 Exile
Lesson 9 | August 2, 2020
JOASH REPAIRS GOD’S HOUSE
The People Bring Their Offerings
- Bible Lesson: II Kings 11:1-3, 12; 12:1-14; II Chronicles 24:1-14
- Bible Point: God Blesses Offerings Given to His Work.
- Experience: Have you ever given money or time to help someone?
- Study: II Kings 12:15
- Examine: Read II King 11:1-3 discuss how some people choose to stop following God. Then read verse 12 and discuss what it would be like to be at king at age 7. Then read 12:1-14 discuss how Joash returned the hearts of Israel to God.
- Life Application: I Will Give to God!
Lesson 10 | August 9, 2020
UZZIAH SEEKS THE LORD
King Uzziah’s Choices
- Bible Lesson: II Kings 14:21; 15:1-7; II Chronicles 26
- Bible Point: God Will Prosper Those Who Seek and Obey Him.
- Experience: Have you ever chosen to disobey? What were the consequences?
- Study: II Chronicles 26:5
- Examine: Discuss how each day, we make a choice whether we want to follow God. Read about the blessings Uzziah experienced when he followed God (II Chronicles 26:1-15). Discuss how his kingdom suffered when he did not follow God (II Chronicles 16-23).
- Life Application: I Will Seek and Obey God!
Lesson 11 | August 16, 2020
JOSIAH VALUES GOD’S WORD
The Law is Discovered
- Bible Lesson: II Kings 22:1-23:25; II Chronicles 34
- Bible Point: God Expects Us to Obey His Word.
- Experience: Have you ever found a hidden treasure?
- Study: II Kings 22:13
- Examine: Discuss the importance of the Bible. Why is it important for people to understand what it says? Read about Josiah’s reaction when the Word of God is discovered II Kings 22:1-23:25.
- Life Application: I Will Obey God’s Word!
Lesson 12 | August 23, 2020
GOD DELIVERS JUDGEMENT
Jerusalem is Destroyed
- Bible Lesson: II Kings 24:10-25:21; II Chronicles 36:11-21
- Bible Point: God kept His Word and punished His people for their disobedience.
- Experience: Have You Ever been Punished for not Obeying?
- Study: II Chronicles 36:16
- Examine: Discuss how parents love their children by disciplining them. Relate this to how we are God’s children, and sometimes He must discipline us. Read about the punishment and fall of Jerusalem in II Chronicles 36:11-21. Discuss how God always warns His children before disciplining them.
- Life Application: I Will Keep God’s Word!