Sunday School Lessons
Youth Sunday School | 2020
Sunday School Bible Lessons for August – Unit 3 Exile
Lesson 9 | August 2 , 2020
JOASH REPAIRS GOD’S HOUSE
The People Bring Their Offerings
- Bible Lesson: II Kings 11:1-3, 12; 12:1-14; II Chronicles 24:1-14
- Bible Point: God Blesses Offerings Given to His Work.
- Experience: Have you ever given money or time to help someone?
- Study: II Kings 12:15
- Examine: Read II King 11:1-3 discuss how some people choose to stop following God. Then read verse 12 and discuss what it would be like to be at king at age 7. Then read 12:1-14 discuss how Joash returned the hearts of Israel to God.
- Life Application: I Will Give to God!
Lesson 10| August 9, 2020
UZZIAH SEEKS THE LORD
King Uzziah’s Choices
- Bible Lesson: II Kings 14:21; 15:1-7; II Chronicles 26
- Bible Point: God Will Prosper Those Who Seek and Obey Him.
- Experience: Have you ever chosen to disobey? What were the consequences?
- Study: II Chronicles 26:5
- Examine: Discuss how each day, we make a choice whether we want to follow God. Read about the blessings Uzziah experienced when he followed God (II Chronicles 26:1-15). Discuss how his kingdom suffered when he did not follow God (II Chronicles 16-23).
- Life Application: I Will Seek and Obey God!
Lesson 11| August 16 , 2020
JOSIAH VALUES GOD’S WORD
The Law is Discovered
- Bible Lesson: II Kings 22:1-23:25; II Chronicles 34
- Bible Point: God Expects Us to Obey His Word .
- Experience: Have you ever found a hidden treasure?
- Study: II Kings 22:13
- Examine: Discuss the importance of the Bible. Why is it important for people to understand what it says? Read about Josiah’s reaction when the Word of God is discovered II Kings 22:1-23:25.
- Life Application: I Will Obey God’s Word!
Lesson 12| August 23, 2020
GOD DELIVERS JUDGEMENT
Jersalem is Destroyed
- Bible Lesson: II Kings 24:10-25:21; II Chronicles 36:11-21
- Bible Point: God kept His Word and punished His people for their disobedience.
- Experience: Have You Ever been Punished for not Obeying?
- Study: II Chronicles 36:16
- Examine: Discuss how parents love their children by disciplining them. Relate this to how we are God’s children, and sometimes He must discipline us. Read about the punishment and fall of Jerusalem in II Chronicles 36:11-21. Discuss how God always warns His children before disciplining them.
- Life Application: I Will Keep God’s Word!