Sunday School Lessons
Youth Sunday School | 2020
Beginner/Primary Lessons - September 2020
Sunday School Bible Lessons for September - Unit 1: Lessons from Daniel
Lesson 1 | September 6, 2020
Daniel Refuses the King’s Meat
Daniel Chooses to Stay Holy
- Bible Lesson: Daniel 1
- Bible Point: God Wants Us to be Holy.
- Experience: Have you ever eaten something you knew was bad for you, but you ate it anyway? What happened?
- Study: Daniel 1:8
- Examine: Discuss what it would have felt like when Jerusalem was conquered by Nebuchadnezzar’s armies. How would you feel to be captured and taken to Babylon? Read the story of Daniel refusing the king’s meat.
- Life Application: I Will Separate Myself to Please God!
Lesson 2 | September 13, 2020
Daniel Interprets the King’s Dream
The Statue and the Rock
- Bible Lesson: Daniel 2
- Bible Point: God is in Control.
- Experience: Have you ever been asked to do something you knew you should not do? Did you feel nervous and intimidated?
- Study: Daniel 2:19
- Examine: Discuss prophecy (seeing the past, present, and future from God’s point of view). Discuss how Daniel was a prophet.
- Life Application: I Will Trust God to Reveal His Plan!
Lesson 3 | September 20, 2020
Nebuchadnezzar Came to God
Nebuchadnezzar Learned Humility
- Bible Lesson: Daniel 4:28-37
- Bible Point: God requires Humility.
- Experience: Have you ever eaten something that tastes like grass? What would happen to make you eat grass?
- Study: Daniel 4:37
- Examine: Discuss what pride looks like. In what areas might we be tempted to take credit for what we did, not giving God the glory? Read how King Nebuchadnezzar was taught a lesson in humility.
- Life Application: I Will Let God Control My Life!
Lesson 4 | September 27, 2020
Daniel Interprets the Writing on the Wall
Mene Mene, Tekel, Upharsin
- Bible Lesson: Daniel 5:1-6:3
- Bible Point: God is the King of kings.
- Experience: Have you ever had an arrogant and bragging attitude?
- Study: Daniel 6:3
- Examine: Discuss what you might do to impress your guests if you threw a party. Discuss how Belshazzar pulled out the goblets from God’s Temple. Read how God showed Belshazzar who was really in control.
- Life Application: I Will Respect God’s Authority.
Beginner/Primary Lessons - August 2020
Sunday School Bible Lessons for August - Unit 3 Exile
Lesson 9 | August 2, 2020
JOASH REPAIRS GOD’S HOUSE
The People Bring Their Offerings
- Bible Lesson: II Kings 11:1-3, 12; 12:1-14; II Chronicles 24:1-14
- Bible Point: God Blesses Offerings Given to His Work.
- Experience: Have you ever given money or time to help someone?
- Study: II Kings 12:15
- Examine: Read II King 11:1-3 discuss how some people choose to stop following God. Then read verse 12 and discuss what it would be like to be at king at age 7. Then read 12:1-14 discuss how Joash returned the hearts of Israel to God.
- Life Application: I Will Give to God!
Lesson 10 | August 9, 2020
UZZIAH SEEKS THE LORD
King Uzziah’s Choices
- Bible Lesson: II Kings 14:21; 15:1-7; II Chronicles 26
- Bible Point: God Will Prosper Those Who Seek and Obey Him.
- Experience: Have you ever chosen to disobey? What were the consequences?
- Study: II Chronicles 26:5
- Examine: Discuss how each day, we make a choice whether we want to follow God. Read about the blessings Uzziah experienced when he followed God (II Chronicles 26:1-15). Discuss how his kingdom suffered when he did not follow God (II Chronicles 16-23).
- Life Application: I Will Seek and Obey God!
Lesson 11 | August 16, 2020
JOSIAH VALUES GOD’S WORD
The Law is Discovered
- Bible Lesson: II Kings 22:1-23:25; II Chronicles 34
- Bible Point: God Expects Us to Obey His Word.
- Experience: Have you ever found a hidden treasure?
- Study: II Kings 22:13
- Examine: Discuss the importance of the Bible. Why is it important for people to understand what it says? Read about Josiah’s reaction when the Word of God is discovered II Kings 22:1-23:25.
- Life Application: I Will Obey God’s Word!
Lesson 12 | August 23, 2020
GOD DELIVERS JUDGEMENT
Jerusalem is Destroyed
- Bible Lesson: II Kings 24:10-25:21; II Chronicles 36:11-21
- Bible Point: God kept His Word and punished His people for their disobedience.
- Experience: Have You Ever been Punished for not Obeying?
- Study: II Chronicles 36:16
- Examine: Discuss how parents love their children by disciplining them. Relate this to how we are God’s children, and sometimes He must discipline us. Read about the punishment and fall of Jerusalem in II Chronicles 36:11-21. Discuss how God always warns His children before disciplining them.
- Life Application: I Will Keep God’s Word!