Sunday School Lessons
Youth Sunday School | 2021
Beginner/Primary Lessons - February 2021
Sunday School Bible Lessons for February: Lesson 13
Unit 3: Principles from I and II Timothy (Conference Numbers)
Lesson 13 | February 28, 2021
Lesson 12 | February 21, 2021
Lesson 11| February 14, 2021 (Beginner's Download) (Primary Download)
Preparing for the Good Fight
The Armor of God
- Bible Lesson: Ephesians 6:10-18; I Timothy 6:11-12, 18-20
Bible Lesson Verse: “But thou, O man of God. . . Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called” (I Timothy 6:11-12)
- Bible Points: God Equips Us to Stand Strong Against Temptation.
- Experience: Have you ever had a pretend or play fight? What equipment did you use to help you win the fight?
- Study: I Timothy 6:11-12
- Examine: Discuss the protective gear people wear to perform certain jobs (e.g. chef, firefighter, welder). Read I Timothy 6:11-12
and discuss why we need God’s protection to “fight the good fight”.
- Apply: Have each person search the house for things to represent the armor of God (belt, breastplate, shield, helmet, sword, shoes).
Select someone to be outfitted as another person reads about each piece in Ephesians 6:10-18. God has given us tools to stand
strong against temptation. We must be ready to fight every day.
- Life Application: I Will Be Strong and Follow God!
Lesson 10| February 7, 2021 (Beginner's Download) (Primary Download)
Serving God from Our Youth
Barnabas Mentors John Mark
- Bible Lesson: Acts 15:36-41; I Timothy 4:12-14; II Timothy 4:11
- Bible Lesson Verse: “Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity.” (I Timothy 4:12)
- Bible Points: God Believes In Children.
- Experience: When you hear these statements how does it make you feel? “You’re too young for this?” “You made a mistake once, now I cannot trust you.”
- Study: I Timothy 4:12
- Examine: Read about the disagreement between Barnabas and Paul in Acts 15:36-41. Then read how Paul realized his mistake in II Timothy 4:11.
- Apply: Read I Timothy 4:12-14. God uses young people. Have family members name one thing they can do for God right now, and one thing they might do for God in the future. Everyone is growing in age, and everyone can do something for God, regardless of age.
- Life Application: I Will Serve God!
Lesson 9 | January 31, 2021 (Beginner's Download) (Primary Download)
God is Speaking /Hearing and Believing
Paul's Final Warning
- Bible Lesson: Acts 28:17-31; I Timothy 4:1-2
- Bible Lesson Verse: “Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith….having their conscience seared with a hot iron;” (I Timothy 4:1-2)
- Bible Points: God speaks to His People. God yearns for His people to hear Him.
- Experience: Have you ever wanted something so much that nothing else would do? What was it? Did you get it?
- Study: I Timothy 4:1-2
- Examine: Define yearn. Discuss what it means to yearn to hear from someone. Read Acts 28:17-31. Discuss how it broke God’s heart when the unbelieving Jews walked away. Then read I Timothy 4:1-2 and discuss how some people will choose to walk away from Jesus.
- Apply: Turn on your favorite TV show. What would happen if someone came in the room you are in and turned on some music? Would you have to get closer to the TV? Maybe try listening intently? Discuss listening to God more clearly by opening our hearts and moving closer to Him. Discuss ways to listen to God and get closer to Him.
- Life Application: I Will Listen to What God Says!
Lesson 8 | January 24, 2021 (Beginner's Download) (Primary Download)
God's Enduring Love
- Bible Lesson: Malachi 1:2; 3:1; 4:2
- Bible Lesson Verse: “But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings. (Malachi 4:2)
- Bible Point: God continually loves His people.
- Experience: Have you ever been grounded or put on punishment? How did you respond to this?
- Study: Malachi 4:2
- Examine: If you have pets, what rules do you have in place to keep them safe? Read Malachi 1:2 and discuss God’s love for His children. Then read Malachi 3:1 and discuss how John the Baptist was sent to prepare the way for Jesus.
- Apply: Read Malachi 4:2. Define “fear my name” as respect for Jesus’ name. On individual sheets of paper, write things Jesus gives (peace, joy, healing, salvation, forgiveness, help, and love). Make paper airplanes. Before flying the plane, the person says, “Jesus has _________ in His wings.” After a few flights, Thank God for what He gives us.
- Life Application: I Must Respond to God’s Love and be Faithful to Him!
Lesson 7 | January 17, 2021 (Beginner's Download) (Primary Download)
God Desires to be Close to His People
- Bible Lesson: Zechariah 2:1-12
- Bible Lesson Verse: “Therefore say thou unto them, Thus saith the LORD of hosts; Turn ye unto me….and I will turn unto you”. (Zechariah 1:3)
- Bible Point: God Calls Us to Draw Nigh to Him.
- Experience: Have you ever built a wall or fence? What is the purpose of the wall or fence?
- Study: Zechariah 1:3
- Examine: Read Zechariah 1:3 discuss what it means to draw nigh unto God. Then read about the vision of the man with a measuring line in Zechariah 2:1-12.
- Apply: Play the Hot and Cold game. Someone picks an object and the players try to guess the object by moving about the room. Those getting close to the object are called “warm” or “hot”. “Cold” is called for those not even close to the object. After a few rounds, discuss how moving in the right direction matters. We must turn to God and draw close to Him. Name some ways to draw close to God.
- Life Application: I Will Draw Close to GOD!
Lesson 6 | January 10, 2021 (Beginner's Download) (Primary Download)
God's Blessings on Proper Priorities
- Bible Lesson: Book of Haggai
- Bible Lesson Verse: “And the Lord stirred up the spirit…of the people; and they came and did work in the house of the LORD of hosts,
their God” (Haggai 1:14)
- Bible Point: God’s work deserves first priority.
Experience: Have you ever ignored a chore or been lazy and not finished a task you were asked to do?
Study: Haggai 1:14
Examine: Define priorities and discuss how God wants us to put Him first. Discuss how in the Book of Haggai, God’s children built their own houses before rebuilding the Temple. As a result, they missed out on God’s blessing. God promised to bless them if they put Him and His things first.
Apply: Write something you must do tomorrow. We are all busy, but we must make time for God. Write down something you can do
for God. Pray for God to help us slow down and prioritize Him daily.
Life Application: I Will Prioritize the Work of God.
Lesson 5 | January 3, 2021 (Beginner's Download) (Primary Download)
God's Judgement and Restoration
- Bible Lesson: Zephaniah's Promise
- Bible Lesson Verse: “For then will I turn to the people a pure language that they may all call upon the name of the LORD, to serve him with one consent.” (Zephaniah 3:9)
- Bible Point: God has a plan to restore all people.
Experience: Have you ever been on a punishment for doing something wrong? How did you feel when the punishment was over?
Study: Zephaniah 3:9
Examine: Define restoration and discuss what it means to restore something. Discuss the disobedience of God’s children in Zephaniah (chapters 1-3) and how God still promised to restore them. Then read Acts (chapter 2) and discuss how it fulfilled Zephaniah’s prophecy.
Apply: Play a hand stacking game. Everyone places their hands atop each other until all hands are stacked. Then the hand on the bottom goes to the top. Continue until each person’s hand has been on the top several times. Sometimes, during the game, our hands are on the top and then sometimes they are at the bottom. Jesus has plans for us to come out on top if we trust in Him, follow Him, and don’t give up. God restores us.
Thank God for restoration. As a family, spend time in prayerful repentance and let God’s Spirit restore you.
Life Application: I Will Ask God for Restoration.
Lesson 4 | December 27, 2020 (Download)
John's Message of God's Love
Jesus Teaches How to Love ♥
Bible Lesson: Matthew 5:38-48
Bible Lesson Verse: “In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent His only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.” (I John 4:9)
Bible Point: God is love and He wants us to love one another.
Experience: Have you ever reacted to a situation without showing God’s love. What happened?
Study: I John 4:7-21
Examine: Read Matthew 5:38-48 and discuss its hard teaching. You can also read I John 4:7-21 and discuss God’s incredible love for us and what He expects us to do with His love.
Apply: Taste test some of your favorite snacks (sweet, salty, spicy, soft, crispy, chewy). How are they different? You still like them even though they are different, right? Just like snacks are different, people are different. Jesus wants us to treat people with love, regardless of their differences. Thank God for his great love. Think of ways we can show love to all people.
Life Application: I Must Show God’s Love to Others.
Lesson 3 | December 20, 2020 (Download)
Jesus Came to Save Us
- Bible Lesson: Luke 2:1-20; I John 4:1-6.
- Bible Lesson Verse: ““Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the
world." (I John 4:4)
Bible Point: Jesus came in the flesh to save us.
Experience: Have you ever had to come to someone’s rescue or help rescue an animal?
Study: I John 4:4
Examine: Discuss what it means to rescue something. Read the Christmas story from Luke 2:1-20 and discuss how Jesus was born to
rescue us from sin.
Apply: A mother octopus lays tens of thousands of eggs. She stops eating to guard/ protect them until they hatch and then she dies. She lives and dies
to bring life. Jesus lived and died to bring us eternal life. Write the names of people around you, who need to know Jesus came to save them.
How can we tell them about Jesus’ great love? Now take a moment to thank God for being born to save us from sin.
Life Application: I Must Tell Others that Jesus was Born to Save Us.
Lesson 2 | December 13, 2020 (Download)
God's Love Abides Forever
Jesus Teaches About Love ❤
- Bible Lesson: 1 John 2:8-17.
- Bible Lesson Verse: “Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.” (I John 2:15)
Bible Point: The world will pass away, but God’s love abides forever.
Experience: What is your favorite thing? (toy, food, games, clothes) How will that toy, food, game, or clothing look in 100 years? If you live that long do you think it will still be your favorite thing?
Study: I John 2:15
Examine: Discuss the difference between temporary and eternal things. Read I John 2:8-17. This scripture reveals how Jesus wants us to pursue things that are eternal.
Apply: Search your kitchen pantry for food expiration dates. Things in this world will not last forever, but God will last forever. Therefore, we should love God more than the things of this world. Complete this phrase, “I love _______, but I love Jesus more.” Identify ways to show Jesus we love Him more than anything in this world. Commit to pursuing things that will last forever.
Life Application: I Should Love God More Than the Things of this World.
Lesson 1 | December 6, 2020 (Download)
Walking in God's Light
Saul Sees the Light
- Bible Lesson: Acts 9:1-22 and I John 1:5-10.
- Bible Lesson Verse: “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness”
(I Johns 1:9)
- Bible Point: God is Light and has no sin.
- Experience: Have you ever thought you were right about something and then later found out you were completely wrong?
- Examine: Read I John 1:5-10 and discuss what it means to “walk in the light”. Then read about Paul’s conversion in Acts 9:1-22 and
discuss how it relates to this idea.
- Apply: With the lights off, one person hides while others seek with flashlights. After a few rounds, discuss how hard it would have
been without flashlights. Breaking rules and hiding mistakes is easy in the dark, but shining a light on them is the only way to get rid
of them. God helps us shine light on things that shouldn’t be in our lives. Thank God for being our light and forgiving our sins.
- Life Application: I Reflect God’s Light, and I Must Confess Sin.
Middle and High School Lessons - February 2021
Adult Sunday School | 2021
Adult School Lessons - Winter 2021
Adult Sunday School Lessons - Winter 2021
Click the link(s) below to download the Adult Sunday School Lessons, The Living Word Series. Click here for the Conference Numbers.
Lesson 11 | Fight the Good Fight of Faith (click here)
Lesson 3 | Greater Is He That Is In You (click here)